PRACTICE UPDATE - TEMPORARY CLOSURE
COVID-19 got me, and it got me good.
The great news:
I neither transmitted nor contracted the virus to/from any clients, students, colleagues, or loved ones.
(Thank you public health measures and pandemic protocols!)
The not so great news:
I expected to return to practice after 10 days of isolation, rest, and recovery but that has unfortunately not been the case. I have 'long COVID' and am unsure when I'll be well again.
The road ahead:
To secure an appointment when I'm able to return, please add yourself to the wait list found on my online booking site.
If you would like recommendations for excellent Massage Therapists who will be happy to see you in my absence please get in touch.
The health and safety of both myself and my clients remain a top priority,
Effective January 18, 2021 a referral is no longer required for individuals who wish to receive massage therapy treatments
COVID-19 PROTOCOLS - KEEPING EACH OTHER SAFE
I will be returning to practice following the August long weekend and look forward to seeing you again. Please review my pandemic protocols below.
- Arrive no more than 5 minutes early.
- An online COVID screening will be sent to you before you attend your appointment and must be completed before you arrive at the clinic each and every time you come to see me.
- I will screen myself for symptoms each morning and cancel your appointment if needed.
- If possible, come from home in clean clothes.
- Please continue to be honest with me about your overall health and update me anytime there is a change to ensure I continue providing you with the safest and most effective care.
MASKS & HAND HYGIENE:
- You will need to wear a mask at all times in the clinic space.
- Please sanitize your hands upon entry & put your mask on (if you’re not already wearing it).
- Ensure your mask covers from the bridge of your nose to below your chin.
- Should you need to adjust your mask hand hygiene must be performed before and after touching the mask (I have plenty of sanitizer).
- You will be prompted to pay for your appointment online at the time of booking.
- If you would like me to direct bill your insurance company for your appointment(s) please let me know.
- All insurance direct billing will be submitted on the day of your appointment and claims will be made payable to you (as you will have prepaid at the time of booking).
- You will not receive treatment if the online COVID screening is not completed prior to arrival and you will not be refunded for your appointment.
- All soft surfaces have been removed (cushy chairs, magazines, etc.) and the furniture in the waiting area is covered in plastic (not so pretty anymore).
- The short notice cancellation policy will be very flexible. Please DO NOT come for treatment if you are experiencing ANY symptoms of illness and rest assured you will not be charged for cancelling.
- I will be wearing a mask, face shield, smock, scrub pants, nitrile gloves, and rubber shoes as directed by my doctor and will clean and/or change all of this attire and PPE between appointments.
- A Health Canada approved cleaner will be used to disinfect all surfaces before and after each appointment.
- I will allow thirty minutes between appointments to allow ample time to clean and disinfect the clinic area.
- I am not accepting new clients at this time. Please email me if you would like to be placed on a wait list for new clients.
- Initially I plan to work with only one or two clients per day as I ease myself back into treating.
- I will wash my hands directly prior to and following every treatment.
- I will wash all linens in hot soapy water after each use.
- I haven chosen not to make any changes to my fee schedule despite the increase in cost for PPE and increased time between appointments. You will be given ample notice should I need to revisit this in future.
The above is in compliance with directives from the Massage Therapist Association of Alberta and Alberta Health Services. My plan is fluid, things may change, and I encourage you to contact me if you have questions or concerns.
Please bear with me as we all adjust to these new protocols. I remain committed to doing my very best to develop guidelines to ensure I can provide the safest care possible.
YOGA X MASSAGE
WHO I AM AND WHAT I DO
I am a Massage Therapist, Yoga Teacher, and Educator. My career in healthcare began in dental administration; health and wellness have always been an important focus in my life.
I am passionate about self care, and all facets of health and wellbeing. I strive to educate myself, my clients and my students - empowering all of us to heal ourselves, walk the path towards our best health and to help others do the same.
I believe relaxation is an integral part of healing, and do not take a 'no pain no gain' approach - I listen to you and your body to provide a therapeutic treatment focused on your goals and comfort. Manual therapy need not be incredibly painful to be effective, promise. You are the expert on your body and your health; I am here to hold space and help you on your wellness journey.
I've been mentoring and teaching others about Massage Therapy since I was a student myself and I began my formal teaching career at Mount Royal University in 2014.
When I'm not teaching or treating you'll probably find me cuddling my giant dog, reading, golfing, swimming, or spending time with family and friends.
Doing everything in my power to facilitate health, healing and wholeness within myself, my fellows and the world.
“You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.”