COVID-19 PROTOCOLS - KEEPING EACH OTHER SAFE
I will be returning to practice following the August long weekend and look forward to seeing you again. Please review my pandemic protocols below.
- Arrive no more than 5 minutes early.
- An online COVID screening will be sent to you before you attend your appointment and must be completed before you arrive at the clinic each and every time you come to see me.
- I will screen myself for symptoms each morning and cancel your appointment if needed.
- If possible, come from home in clean clothes.
- Please continue to be honest with me about your overall health and update me anytime there is a change to ensure I continue providing you with the safest and most effective care.
MASKS & HAND HYGIENE:
- You will need to wear a mask at all times in the clinic space.
- Please sanitize your hands upon entry & put your mask on (if you’re not already wearing it).
- Ensure your mask covers from the bridge of your nose to below your chin.
- Should you need to adjust your mask hand hygiene must be performed before and after touching the mask (I have plenty of sanitizer).
- You will be prompted to pay for your appointment online at the time of booking.
- If you would like me to direct bill your insurance company for your appointment(s) please let me know.
- All insurance direct billing will be submitted on the day of your appointment and claims will be made payable to you (as you will have prepaid at the time of booking).
- You will not receive treatment if the online COVID screening is not completed prior to arrival and you will not be refunded for your appointment.
- All soft surfaces have been removed (cushy chairs, magazines, etc.) and the furniture in the waiting area is covered in plastic (not so pretty anymore).
- The short notice cancellation policy will be very flexible. Please DO NOT come for treatment if you are experiencing ANY symptoms of illness and rest assured you will not be charged for cancelling.
- I will be wearing a mask, face shield, smock, scrub pants, nitrile gloves, and rubber shoes as directed by my doctor and will clean and/or change all of this attire and PPE between appointments.
- A Health Canada approved cleaner will be used to disinfect all surfaces before and after each appointment.
- I will allow thirty minutes between appointments to allow ample time to clean and disinfect the clinic area.
- I am not accepting new clients at this time. Please email me if you would like to be placed on a wait list for new clients.
- Initially I plan to work with only one or two clients per day as I ease myself back into treating.
- I will wash my hands directly prior to and following every treatment.
- I will wash all linens in hot soapy water after each use.
- I haven chosen not to make any changes to my fee schedule despite the increase in cost for PPE and increased time between appointments. You will be given ample notice should I need to revisit this in future.
The above is in compliance with directives from the Massage Therapist Association of Alberta and Alberta Health Services. My plan is fluid, things may change, and I encourage you to contact me if you have questions or concerns.
Please bear with me as we all adjust to these new protocols. I remain committed to doing my very best to develop guidelines to ensure I can provide the safest care possible.
Packages containing PPE have been trickling in, and I spoke with my doctor about returning to practice as it relates to my own health and we have decided how I can proceed while exercising an abundance of caution (there will be LOTS of PPE).
I still have concerns about all that we don’t know about COVID-19 (see 6.11.2020 update) — I will continue to learn as much as I can and strive to live and practice in the safest way possible based on the science available.
All this being said, I hope to return to my clinic within the next couple of weeks and will be in touch with those on my wait list as soon as I start booking. To those who have reached out and have been looking forward to a treatment — thank you so much for your support and patience. If you’d like to be added to my wait list please email email@example.com.
I truly look forward to seeing you on my table again soon (AND I’m still anxious about COVID-19). More details to come very soon!
The government of Albert recently announced that Massage Therapists are permitted to return to work on June 12, 2020.
I do not have a plan to return at this time for a variety of reasons:
We have yet to see the impacts of both Phase 1 and the recent protests in Calgary on the number of cases in our city
I tend to exercise an overabundance of caution as a general rule in my practice and am perhaps overly preoccupied with ‘do no harm’. In my eyes we do not yet know enough about this virus for me to feel confident that Massage Therapy is safe as it requires close physical contact for prolonged periods. Both the clotting disorder being observed in “young” individuals, and the risk of other chronic illnesses such as ME/CFS following COVID-19 infection give me pause
For the past year and a half I have been in the midst of unearthing information about my own personal health that may make me a high risk individual in regard to COVID-19 and I am very uncomfortable ‘gambling’ with anything health related
A family medical emergency has been all consuming since early May and as a result I have not sourced the PPE that will be required to eventually move forward as required by my professional association
At this time I cannot provide you with a specific date when I will return as some of the reasons I provided for my need to hold off will take an unknown length of time to resolve. Thank you for your continued support and understanding.
The colleagues I would typically refer you to when I am not available to treat you are not currently accepting new clients as a COVID related precaution in their own practices. If you have any urgent concerns or acute ailments and would like to book a virtual appointment with me for assessment and self care please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Those of you who have reached out expressing your wish to receive treatment have been placed on a wait list.
YOGA X MASSAGE
WHO I AM AND WHAT I DO
I am a Massage Therapist, Yoga Teacher, and Educator. My career in healthcare began in dental administration; health and wellness have always been an important focus in my life.
I am passionate about self care, and all facets of health and wellbeing. I strive to educate myself, my clients and my students - empowering all of us to heal ourselves, walk the path towards our best health and to help others do the same.
I believe relaxation is an integral part of healing, and do not take a 'no pain no gain' approach - I listen to you and your body to provide a therapeutic treatment focused on your goals and comfort. Manual therapy need not be incredibly painful to be effective, promise. You are the expert on your body and your health; I am here to hold space and help you on your wellness journey.
I've been mentoring and teaching others about Massage Therapy since I was a student myself and I began my formal teaching career at Mount Royal University in 2014.
When I'm not teaching or treating you'll probably find me cuddling my giant dog, reading, golfing, swimming, or spending time with family and friends.
Doing everything in my power to facilitate health, healing and wholeness within myself, my fellows and the world.
“You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.”